I love to make granola and my family loves to eat it up — all of them!! In fact, I have to make at least a double batch or I won’t have any for a meal. It gets eaten up as soon as it’s cool enough!
There are literally thousands of ways to make granola. I’ve tried a good many of them. 🙂 This one is our favorite:
Almond Coconut Granola
• 2 cups old-fashioned oats
• 3/4 cup sliced or chopped almonds
• 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (I buy a one gallon container of big unsweetened coconut flakes from Tropical Traditions. I have only bought this once about 2 years ago and I haven’t run out yet!! Currently they have the gallon container on sale for $9.99)
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/3 cup (packed) brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 250°F. Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Melt butter with honey in heavy small saucepan over low heat. Pour over granola mixture and toss well. Spread out mixture on baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Granola will not look completely dry when you get it out of the oven but will be perfect after it cools. Store airtight at room temperature.
I’m hoping to get a batch or two of this made today. I’ll post a picture if I remember to get out the camera before all the kiddos eat up the granola!! 😉